PDP cancels Abuja presidential rally as Buhari refuse to grant them access to venue

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has announced that its presidential rally earlier scheduled to hold this Saturday, February 9, 2019 in Abuja will no longer hold.

The party said the stand down of the rally followed alleged refusal by the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government and the Buhari Presidency to grant the party access to the Old Parade Ground, Garki, Abuja, venue of the rally.

“This is in spite of the fact that the PDP had made payments to the authorities and obtained official approval to host the mega rally at the Old Parade Ground, Garki, Abuja,” the PDP said in a statement by its spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan on Friday night.

He said, “The PDP invites Nigerians to document this provocative action against our party and our presidential campaign by the Buhari Presidency and the APC.

“It is also instructive to state that we had earlier scheduled our Lagos Mega Rally for the Tafawa Balewa Square on Saturday until the Buhari Presidency and the APC came up with same date forcing our campaign to opt for Abuja.

“We hope they will allow the Lagos Rally to hold on Tuesday.

“The PDP holds that these provocative actions, instead of deterring Nigerians from their determination to vote out President Buhari on February 16, has only succeeded in spurring more compatriots to support the people’s candidate, Atiku Abubakar, to victory

“The PDP appreciates the commitment of Nigerians, particularly, those who have already converged on Abuja for this mega rally.

“While we regret the inconveniences caused by the insensitive action of the Buhari Presidency and APC, we wish to inform that a rescheduled date for the rally will be communicated soon.”



No comments

Powered by Blogger.
close